Tag Archives: Windows
AMD GPU miners had been not too long ago getting very the increase thanks to Claymore’s Zcash miner on Windows, but now Windows consumers with Nvidia GPUs also received a great boost in ZEC mining functionality thanks to the release of the NiceHash EQM Zcash Nvidia Optimized Miner. It variety of doubles the performance that individuals had been obtaining with the previous nheqminer from Nicehash, so now with a 6x GTX 1070 GPUs for instance you can be all the way up to about 400 H/s. Do note that the miner presently supports only newer Nvidia GPUs and will apparently not perform on something reduced than SM 5. capable GPUs – Maxwell or Pascal.
The only disadvantage is that the miner at present only supports connection to NiceHash, so you can’t use it with other pools. While this might nit be undesirable throughout the slow begin of ZEC mining, right after that you might nonetheless want to go for mining and retaining Zcash rather of immediately offering it for profit. Hopefully in the subsequent couple of weeks we are also going to see much more development taking place for Nvidia users and that goes not only for Linux, but for Windows users as nicely.
Linux users would almost certainly want to go and attempt the latest version of the Silentarmy miner that also brought assistance for Nvidia GPUs and is apparently delivering equivalent performance as the NiceHash release for Windows. Also the Silentarmy miner is performing rather nicely on AMD hardware, so do consider it as effectively if you have this kind of mining rigs and are running them on Linux.
Claymore has just released his new miner targeted at Zcash (ZEC) miners and only for Windows at the second, possibly generating it the quickest AMD OpenCL GPU miner at the second for Windows OS. Do note that the miner is free of charge, but there is presently a developer fee set at 2.five%, meaning that each hour the miner mines for 90 seconds for developer. In accordance to Claymore this original release is only for current AMD video cards only: 7xxx, 2xx, 3xx and 4xx, 2GB or much more and it does not assistance Nvidia GPUs with only Windows x64 binaries obtainable at the moment for download.
A bit anything about speeds with the new Zcash miner from Claymore, they are greater than what other Windows GPU miners have been giving prior to the release of this miner (there are apparently quicker Linux miners like SilentArmy’s V3 for example). A stock AMD Radeon 280X appears to do about 44-45 H/s, AMD Radeon 290X does a bit much more at about 46-47 H/s, AMD Radeon 370 does about 35 H/s, AMD Radeon RX 480 does about 40-41 H/s in our initial exams. Really feel free to share your hashrate benefits in the comments under if you do consider the new miner…
Steem is a blockchain-based social media system where any individual can earn rewards by contributing high quality content and ranking material released by others. You can likewise extract it utilizing a committed CPU miner if you have some replacement power that you intend to dedicate to supporting the network. The information regarding Steem is still extremely fragmented as well as you have to invest fairly a whole lot of time figuring things out although they do not seem to be that complicated. We have invested some time trying to obtain things functioning as well as we have actually handled to successfully begin mining Steem, so we have prepared a short overview to aid you begin extracting on Windows.
The initial thing you need to start with prior to moving with the actual mining is to register on your own an account on the steemit website. Do note that registering currently requires you to either have a Facebook or Reddit account to use as a way of verification for your registration. After you register you can likewise make Steem by uploading top quality write-ups on the website and connecting in the community generally then you could additionally start extracting using the guide below.
– – Begin by downloading and install the most up to date Steem Windows Budget and Miner for Windows – The miner binary is assembled for 64-bit Windows, so it will not function on 32-bit ones – Essence the steem-win-x64-012-2. zip archive to a
– folder on your computer and also run steemd.exe – The very first time you run the Steem Daemon executable it will produce a witness_node_data_dir directory site and within will generate some extra documents and also folders
– – Go inside the witness_node_data_dir folder and open up the config.ini data with Notepad or another full-screen editor – Beginning by including a couple of steem nodes to link to, simply paste the complying with checklist under P2P nodes tolink to on start-up: seed-node =18.104.22.168:2001 seed-node=22.214.171.124:2001
seed-node=126.96.36.199:2001 seed-node=188.8.131.52:2001 seed-node=184.108.40.206:1337 seed-node=220.127.116.11:2001
seed-node =steemd.pharesim.me:2001 seed-node=seed.steemed.net:2001 seed-node = steem.clawmap.com:2001 seed-node = seed.steemwitness.com:2001 seed-node =steem-seed1. abit-more. com:2001 – As witness include your steemit.com username (you require to register before begin mining), so make sure it is something like: witness=”myusername “– Under the name of miner and its private trick add your steemit.com username and private trick, so
– make certain it is something like: miner =[.”myusername”,”yourWIFprivatekeyhere”] – When setting various specifications in the ini documents make certain you don’t leave the # check in front of the line as it essentially comments it out and the miner acts as this specification is not established, so you can obtain an error that a witness or miner is not set! – If you are not sure where to obtain the personal secret, after that simply login to your steemit.com account, visit your Account and after that to the Permissions tab. Right here you require
– to click Show the private key for Energetic(you could should relogin initially ). Do note that the essential shown by default is the public secret , you have to reveal the personal secret and use the private trick in the config! As an alternative you could make use of the Proprietor private secret, this is additionally your login password, however due to safety factors you much better stick to the Active key. – Under the Number of threads to make use of include mining-threads =1 or greater number, depending on just how much of your CPU you desire to use for mining, more strings lead to higher hashrate
– – You are currently all set to begin mining, simply run steemd.exe once again and also wait for the blockchain to synchronize, it might take something like 15-30 minutes or even more(depending upon your web link)
– – The steem blockchain mores than 3.5 million block already, however the dimension is not that significant yet, it is around 3.3 GB in size, so you will need even more than that vacuum available – In our examinations
– with an Intel Core i7 5820K CPU(6 cores, 12 threads)performing at 12 strings configured in the ini file we are obtaining with 44390 HPS( hashes per second)as a hashrate or around 31-33 KHS with simply
– 6 energetic threads – Do note that the mining apparently requires a whole lot of RAM, we obtain about 3GB utilized for 6 threads and also about 5GB used for 12 threads for mining, so make certain you have sufficient RAM in your computer (8GB or more is recommended) – All you have to do currently
– is to await your miner to very first locate a POW block and after that put you in the Miner-witness queue until your turn can be found in to confirm a block in order to get your incentive transferred to your steemit.com account – Note that the incentives you get when you successfully mine and also confirm a block are in STEEM POWER tokens and not in STEEM and they must appear in your Budget
– on steemit.com, gaining you 1 for each block. STEEM POWER are impact tokens which gain more power by holding long-term, the much more you hold the even more you influence article incentives and make for accurate voting on steemit.com. STEEM POWER symbols could be withdrawn (Powered Down), yet it will certainly require 2 years and also 104 settlements to convert back to STEEM – For additional information concerning Steem you can check out the main web site … Crypto Mining Blog
An additional up to date through a Windows binary put together from the latest cpuminer-opt( resource)CPU miner with added optimizations for several algorithms using the AES-NI instruction set (additionally deals with older SSE2 qualified CPUs). Up up until recently the cpuminer-opt was readily available just for Linux users, but beginning with version 3.3 there is additionally Windows support and also we have actually assembled 64-bit binaries of the miner for Windows for the most recent launched variation 3.3.8. The most up to date up to date brings some efficiency enhancements such as blake2s with around 10% greater hashrate, assistance for new algorithms such as LBRY, Whirlpool as well as WhirlpoolX along with taken care of Skein2 that was evidently damaged in the previous variation.
In the archive listed below you could discover several executable data that are put together for different CPU designs that support AES-NI instructions, so you are welcome to attempt them to see what works well for you. If your cpu does not support AES-NI (CPUS introduced 5 or more years ago), then you may want to make use of the cpuminer-sse2. exe binary. The default cpuminer.exe is put together for Intel Westmere, the very first Intel style that has support for the AES-NI instruction collection as well as cpuminer-amd. exe is bdver1 which should deal with all AMD cpus with AES-NI support. If you have a more current Intel Sandybridge, Ivybridge, Haswell or Broadwell-based processor you could try the particular binary to see if that will certainly squeeze some additional performance, or you could assemble directly on your PC with the native guideline set supported by your CPU.
An additional update in the kind of a Windows binary compiled from the latest cpuminer-opt (source) CPU miner with additional optimizations for a lot of algorithms making use of the AES-NI instruction set (also operates on older SSE2 capable CPUs). Up till lately the cpuminer-opt was offered only for Linux consumers, but starting up from edition three.3 there is also Windows support and we have compiled 64-bit binaries of the miner for Windows for the most current released edition three.three.eight. The newest update brings some overall performance enhancements such as blake2s with about ten% larger hashrate, support for new algorithms such as LBRY, Whirlpool and WhirlpoolX as effectively as fixed Skein2 that was apparently broken in the earlier model.
In the archive below you can uncover multiple executable files that are compiled for different CPU architectures that support AES-NI instructions, so you are welcome to try out them to see what works very best for you. If your processor does not support AES-NI (CPUS introduced five or much more many years in the past), then you may well want to use the cpuminer-sse2.exe binary. The default cpuminer.exe is compiled for Intel Westmere, the very first Intel architecture that has assistance for the AES-NI instruction set and cpuminer-amd.exe is bdver1 which should operate on all AMD processors with AES-NI assistance. If you have a a lot more current Intel Sandybridge, Ivybridge, Haswell or Broadwell-based processor you can try out the respective binary to see if that will squeeze some extra performance, or you can compile immediately on your Pc with the native instruction set supported by your CPU.
Right here comes a cpuminer-opt Windows binary compiled from the newest( resource)of the CPU miner with added optimizations for numerous formulas utilizing the AES-NI direction set, though the miner likewise deals with older SSE2 capable CPUs with reduced performance. Up up until recently the cpuminer-opt was readily available only for Linux users, however starting from version 3.3 there is additionally Windows assistance as well as we have actually assembled 64-bit binaries of the miner for Windows for the current released variation 3.3.7. The most recent update brings some performance renovations such as the Lyra2 currently being AES maximized as well as having +7% greater performance, a little rise of regarding 1% in most chained formulas (X11, Quark, Lyra2v2, etc) as well as some repairs such as Lyra2v2 now being properly reported as AES enhanced.
In the archive below you can discover multiple executable documents that are assembled for various CPU designs that sustain AES-NI instructions, so you are welcome to try them to see what jobs best for you. If your cpu does not sustain AES-NI (CPUS presented 5 or more years ago), after that you may wish to utilize the cpuminer-sse2. exe binary. The default cpuminer.exe is put together for Intel Westmere, the very first Intel design that has assistance for the AES-NI instruction collection and also cpuminer-amd. exe is bdver1 which must deal with all AMD processors with AES-NI assistance. If you have a more recent Intel Sandybridge, Ivybridge, Haswell or Broadwell-based cpu you could attempt the respective binary to see if that will certainly press some added performance, or you could compile straight on your PC with the native instruction established sustained by your CPU.
Here is an updated ccMiner 1.7.six-r10 Widows binary of the Nanashi Meiyo-Meijin fork (source) with optimized Lyra2RE and Lyra2REv2 efficiency. The latest r10 update fixes the hashrate concerns that have been present with other versions of ccMiner on the most recent Nvidia Pascal GPUs such as GTX 1080 and GTX 1070. You can see a quick test of the overall performance of the new 32-bit Windows binary of the miner compiled with VS2013 and CUDA eight. under.
ccMiner one.7.six-r10 Neoscrypt efficiency:
– GTX 1080 – 985 KHS
– GTX 1070 – 889 KHS
– GTX 980 Ti – 840 KHS
Just as a reference the latest ccMiner fork by SP has managed to provide just about 365 KHS on GTX 1080 and 668 KHS on GTX 1070, so now you can entirely make use of the functionality of the new Nvidia Pascal GPUs for mining NeoScrypt-based mostly crypto coins. Do note that the final results quoted above are with
Time for a new Windows binary of the newest pre-release version of Genoil’s ethminer .9.41 fork one.one.six (supply). This time the concentrate is the addition for help of Nicehash’s Ethereum stratum implementation with extranonce subscribe for optimum overall performance when mining altcoins primarily based on the Dagger-Hashimoto algorithm such as Ethereum (ETH). The binary is compiled with CUDA 8., supports both Nvidia CUD and AMD OpenCL mining modes, and is a pre-release version for testing the newly implemented characteristics, you should not count on hashrate increase, even though this edition need to do well when utilized with NiceHash, so you are welcome to test the new function and report any problems you encounter. We have already carried out some comparison on what to assume selling your DaggerHashimoto (Ethash) GPU hashrate at NiceHash with the present value and mining right for Ethereum and then offering the Ether coins for BTC. The results are beneath and it looks that even with the present minimal exchange price as compared to what it was some days ago ahead of the DAO hack it is still a lot more profitable to mine ETH right and promote it for BTC.
120 MHS mining hashrate ~ one ETH per Day:
– Ethereum Mining – .0159 BTC/Day
– Nicehash DaggerHashimoto – .0128 BTC/Day
Right here comes a updated ccMiner one.seven.six-r6 Widows binary of the Nanashi Meiyo-Meijin fork (source) with optimized Lyra2REv2 functionality. The newest r6 update might deliver a slight performance increase in Lyra2REv2, even so it drastically increases the overall performance of the Lyra2RE algorithm based on the handful of exams we ran, final results of which you can find below evaluating the r5 and r6 launched on various Maxwell GPUs and the new Pascal GTX 1080.
ccMiner 1.7.six-r5 Nanashi Meiyo-Meijin:
Nvidia GTX 970
– Lyra2RE 1.65 MHS
– Lyra2REv2 21.49 MHS
Nvidia GTX 980 Ti
– Lyra2RE 2.43 MHS
– Lyra2REv2 31.38 MHS
Nvidia GTX 1080
– Lyra2RE 2.61 MHS
– Lyra2REv2 47.68 MHS
ccMiner 1.seven.six-r6 Nanashi Meiyo-Meijin:
Nvidia GTX 970
– Lyra2RE 2.83 MHS
– Lyra2REv2 21.fifty five MHS
Nvidia GTX 980 Ti
– Lyra2RE 4.48 MHS
– Lyra2REv2 32.18 MHS
Nvidia GTX 1080
– Lyra2RE six.54 MHS
– Lyra2REv2 48.31 MHS
You can download a 32-bit Windows binary of the ccMiner 1.7.six-r6 fork from Nanashi Meiyo-Meijin compiled with VS2013 and CUDA 8. with a wider range of Nvidia GPUs supported – from Compute two. all the way up to Compute 5.two (we have only tested it with Maxwell and Pascal GPUs although). You can stick to the development of this fork on the official dev thread, although it is in Japanese and you may need to have to use an online translation services.
Nicehash has forked SP’s ccMiner 1.5.80 GPU miner for Nvidia MAxwell GPUs ( resource) as well as has actually added significantly improved support for the Lyra2REv2 formula that can apparently provide around ONE HUNDRED% increase in terms of efficiency. SO if you are mining a crypto currency that utilizes the Lyra2REv2 algorithm or are selling your hashrate on Nicehash, after that you might intend to choose the new miner. We have assembled a 32-bit Windows binary, making use of VS2013 with CUDA 7.5 that you could download and install and attempt. Do note that it is put together only for Nvidia Maxwell GPUs sustaining Compute 5.0 as well as Calculate 5.2 such as GTX 750, 750 Ti, GTX 950 GTX 960, GTX 970, GTX 980, GTX 980 Ti and also GTX Titan X.